Strontium modification is essential in the production of
structurally sound and dimensionally accurate Al-Si castings and
fabricated products. Strontium offers clear advantage over sodium
or antimony-based alloy additives, including safer addition, better
recovery, reduced fade and a fume-free application.
Benefits of a modified structure include
- Reduced tendency for hot-tearing
- Improved mechanical properties
- Reduced evenly distributed porosity
- Enhanced compositional homogeneity
- Better response to heat treatment
- Improved surface finish
:0;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>7. Improved mechanical properties
- Reduced costs
- Enhanced response the subsequent heat treatment.